The Car

The Car
Welcome to my blog, detailing my journey to build a 2.0L Zetec based Westfield SEIW

Sunday 18 September 2016

Mods Pre 2nd IVA

Emissions:
Spoke to Omex again - this time they sent me a manual to help with the specifics of ITB throttle setup of the Zetec 2.0. This required adjustment of the throttle body air bypass screws at idle using a synchrometer to measure air flow to circa 5kg/h per pot. Followed my an adjustment of the main idle screw (all four cylinders) until the Spark Feedback is hovering around 0˚ and Fuel Feedback is fluctuating between -2% and -6%. 
I also ensured that all the manifold (inlet and outlet) and exhaust bolts were tight and there was no sign of any leakage

Handbrake:
Further adjusted the handbrake pads, they are now as tight as I can get them while still being able to turn the rear wheels by hand.


I took the car back to a local MOT station and both elements passed so hopefully ......................

No comments:

Post a Comment